Create Smiles. Create Beauty. Create Joy.
Here is where I will keep track of what beauty I create in my day so that I can remember my groove. One a day to keep the Zanex away!!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Night night me

Well bedtime is always beautiful but I have decided one thing to make my day more beautiful is to create beauty in my boudeau (you know the french word for bedroom...I have no idea if I spelled it right but you catch the drift and no, I am not talking about S-E-X perv. This has nothing to do with that.). About the time that I start getting the kids ready for bed (or after depending on the level of grouchiness) I make sure that my bed is made and looks pretty, that the room is clear of all children's shoes, books, and toy parfanalia, and then I turn on the lamp and warm up my smelly gardenia candle. By the time I go to bed it is smelling luscious, looking cozy, and calm. It is kind of like my own personal turn down service; if I had mints I would lay one out for myself. It is amazing what a difference it has made at the end of my days. This is just one way that I have found to create a moment of beauty and make bedtime a process to remember that peace and joy are possible even when I have a had a really cruddy day. (Now that I look at my room in this picture I really need to paint that wall...)

5 comments:

Emily K. said...

I have always wanted to make my room a sanctuary. Yours is beautiful. It seems like our room becomes the dumping ground, like when someone is coming over, and I have to pick up really fast, I just shove everything in there and shut the door!! A beautiful bedroom is one of my next goals. You have once again inspired me.

Tassi Smith said...

I know you made the headboard but did you make the bedding also?

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

No, I didn't make the bedding.

Little Dame said...

A few months ago I decided to start making my bed...which even though is a small effort...is kinda a huge effort..since I haven't really been in the habit for about...well ever. I decided to start doing this after I had a "Welcome Home!" moment involving the made bed... I was driving back from visiting my fam in Cali when my transmission died in the middle of Indio...after dragging the Little back and forth in a taxi, going to a hotel, waiting on tow trucks and making all sorts of split second decisions...I was on the road again in a matter of hours in my rental car...I finished the journey and arrived at my place at about 3am and what was waiting for me but my beautfilly made and ever welcoming bed!! What inspiration had caused me to make it before my trip?...I like to think it was a tender mercy...b.c at the end of a long long journey/adventure/mass craziness, I had something saying to me...take a rest...get comfy...you've had a long day...welcome home. It makes such a difference. Cheers to your bedroom sanctuary! I'm on board...okay- well at least with the bed being made...am working on cleaning up the rest of the junk.

Shelley said...

What an inspiration. Our bedroom is always the messiest room of the house. I think I actually need to redecorate after reading this! Ha ha! Maybe I should start a donation fund on my blog.